Do not comment. Report bugs!π
instead of Comments
. Use the "New Bug" function at the project page of streber
. Only add comments to existing Tasks or Bug-reports, if you are really sure that it is precisely about your problem. Please do NOT post your reports as comments to topics
What did you do?π
- Be as precise as possible.
- Can you reproduce the problem? Perfect! Describe all necessary clicks.
- Does it occure directly after installation or upgrade?
- Add the end of
- Provide version of...
- Your Browser / Operating system
- Upload screenshots if possible (very, very useful)
- Keep all texts in plain English
- Before submitting something do a Search for similar problems
- Use terminology as described in Labeling of UI Elements
I know, that this looks like a lot of work, but you should consider: Fixing an average bug might take us about 10 to 60 minutes. Most of this time is used to understand what the bug is about and to reproduce it! A screenshot might only show obvious things to you, but it extremely helps us to understand what you are talking about.
Upload additional filesπ
Following files might help use to track down internal problems.
system_info.html - Click the link in the footer and save the page has html.
phpInfo.html - Click the phpInfo link in the
System Info page and save as html.
php.ini - your php setup file (important)
my.ini - your mysql setup file (might be important on database issues)
Link to similar bugsπ
If you already did a search on streber and you feel that other bugs might be related to your problem, please link to them. Even if you are not sure. We will check them.
It can be very informative, if...
- ...the bug did not occur in earlier versions of streber.
- ...things work with different versions of PHP, Apache, MySQL (like XAMPP)
If you can not live without a fix, you can speed things up by doing additional checks.
Check you appache errors.logπ
display_errors = Off
display_startup_errors = Off
log_errors = On
You might not see all things going wrong and Streber might end up with a blank page instead for giving useful hints. Look at your Apache logs for more clues.
Enable Debug logπ
Uncomment the following line in your
confChange('LOG_LEVEL', LOG_MESSAGE_LOGIN_FAILURE|LOG_MESSAGE_LOGIN_SUCCESS|LOG_MESSAGE_LOGOUT|LOG_MESSAGE_DEBUG| LOG_MESSAGE_HACKING_ALERT);
This will write additional information to
- If you feel that you have problems with authentification, please check the cookies created by streber.
- Try to remove all cookies and try again.
Check your databaseπ
- If you have installed PHPMySQLAdmin try a
Provide Login Access (last solution)π
Some servers are weird and bugs might be hard to track or even impossible to reproduce on our own setups. If you aren't affraid of us you can give pixtur
a account to your streber installation together with an FTP access. Drop an email...
Please, do not post your problem as Commentπ